Bangkok has earned a reputation as the shoppers’ haven, a shopping paradise. Apart from the very competitive price you can also enjoy the benefits of various discount at many shopping malls and department stores. On top of that, there’s a 7% Tax refund / Vat refund scheme for tourists. You can enjoy it at various countrywide Thailand tax refund retailers.
Prepared Yourself: Thai Festival 2017~ Coming Up!
Retailers participating in the refund scheme display a sign stating: “VAT Refund for Tourists”.
What You Should Know: Uber Officially Banned From Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
You can take a look at the tips and procedure shown below: Thailand Tax Refund For Tourists
You can take a look at the procedure shown below: Getting your thailand tax refund back at its international airports.
Don’t Tell Others: Bangkok Shopping – Top 6 Hidden Gems Shopping Hotspots Guide
Key points to take note:
- Goods must be purchased from a store that participates in the VAT refund for tourists scheme
- The minimum amount of your purchase is 2,000 Baht.
- Goods need to be taken out of Thailand within 60 days of purchase.
- You must present the original tax invoice to claim a VAT refund.
I have also included Thailand Tax Refund table, for your ease. Now you can easily find the tax refund amount you are entitled to for your stuff.
Let’s Go Shopping in Thailand !!!!
Need Some Inspiration? Grab a quick read below!
- 5 Best Luxury Hotels in Bangkok Under $100!
- 6 Cutest Bangkok Cafes You’ll Absolutely Love
- 3 Days In Chiang Mai And Chiang Rai (Northern Thailand) Itinerary
- Uber Officially Banned From Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok Street Food Will Be Gone By This Year – Yaowarat and Khao San Road is NEXT!
cr: thai airways