Ding-Dong… Welcome to 7-Eleven Thailand.. 7-Eleven Thailand has become a major part of the daily Thai life. It is also a must to visit one while travelling in Thailand! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week your trust-able store for food, snacks, drinks and other travel must-have…
What to do if you are HUNGRY, BROKE? That means making the best possible choices even when we’re in the worst nutritional situations. Instead of giving in and eating junk or fast food, we can still eat well, even with few options available to us.
Here are top 8 cheap & healthy options you can find at 7-Eleven Thailand:
- Eggs : Pre-boiled eggs which you can eat right away. (High in Quality Protein)
2. Corn : Pre-boiled corn package in air seal bags to maintain the freshness. (Good source of antioxidant carotenoids)
3. Yogurt : Tasty fruity yogurt with berries in them. (Made by bacterial fermentation of milk, a process that may boost digestive health)
4. Energy Bar : A quick and reliable nutritious fix for a snack attack (Loaded with healthy fats and fibres)
5. Soymilk : Lactose-intolerant folks drink this as a milk substitute. (High content of isoflavones, protein, vitamins and minerals)
6. Whole Wheat Bread : Beneficial to your health x3 of the same amount of white bread (Nutrition of all three components – bran, germ and endosperm)
7. Taro fish snack : A very popular snack among all ages (Low in calories + quick fix for your itchy mouth)
8. Tao Kae Noi Seaweed : Lots of flavours to choose from (Low in calories but high in sodium and with the added seasonings)
7-Eleven Thailand will tempt you at every turn to buy their sugar filled Ice-Cream Magnums, chocolate bars and iced coffees. I’m not suggesting you to totally cut out junk and low nutritional food, but i do urge you to be a little more conscious in your food purchasing decisions and realise what you’re actually feeding into your body.