DAY 2 – Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, Thailand
It’s your second day in Northern Thailand. Time to conquer more Chiang Rai and move on to Chiang Mai, the Hub of the Northern Thailand.
1. Wat Rong Khun aka The White Temple (Chiang Rai, Thailand)
Wat Rong Khun or better known as the white temple, is a modern Buddhist temple located in Chiang Rai, Thailand. Wat Rong Khun is probably the most unique and beautiful temples in Thailand. Wat Rong Khun stands out through the stark white which signifies the purity of Lord Buddha and the pieces of spakling glass in the plaster symbolising the Buddha’s wisdom and the Dhamma, the Buddhist teachings, shining out across the Universe.
- Opening Hours: Daily 0630H to 1800H
- Ticket Price: 50 Baht
- Estimated Time Spent: 1 to 2 Hours
2. Yam Khang Fire Therapy at Ban Rai Kong Khing (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
Yam Khang Fire Therapy is a unique and one of the kind healing massage technique which have long been practised by Ban Rai Kong Khing, a village located in northern Thailand, Chiang Mai. Yam Khang Fire Therapy will greatly relieve muscle aches. This out of the world form of massage therapy is truly amazing. Yam Khang Fire Therapy expertly targets and massage your pain points away. After each session, Yam Khang Fire Therapy leaves you more revitalising, energizing, rejuvenating, revivifying, refresh!!
- Opening Hours: Appointment Based
- Estimated Time Spent: 1 to 2 Hours (Add on extra time if you would like to have a longer session of the traditional Yam Khang Fire Therapy massage)
3. Chiang Mai Sunday Night Market (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
Chiang Mai Sunday Night Market runs along the full length of Ratchadamnoen Road (More than 1 km). Along the way, it sprawls into some of the side streets and temple grounds nearby, making Chiang Mai Sunday Night Market like a maze on its own. Chiang Mai Sunday Night Market is packed with local goods from the Northern Thai people. They would make and sell their own products and the quality of art and craftsmanship is amazing.
- Opening Hours: Every Sunday 1600H to 2300H
- Estimated Time Spent: 2 to 3 Hours (Add on extra time if you would like to get dinner, a Thai massage and cover some serious extensive shopping)